The FESA Board and National Executive Team in 2017:
The National Executive Team:
Some of the SA’s and UK’s National Teams together
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK FOR SA
- PURPOSE: To join God’s mission in the world to transform communities, through enabling the development of fresh expressions of church, alongside existing churches, in every place in Southern Africa
- Theological foundations of Fresh Expressions: A few initial observations: Missional Theology is the backbone of FE
- Worship and glory to God the Father, Son and Spirit is the ultimate purpose of the church. Worship of the Trinity which includes obedience and participation in the mission of God is fundamental for a FE.
- The Trinity is a relational and communal God who is also a missionary God. God’s missionary purposes are cosmic in scope, concerned with the restoration of all things, shalom, renewal of creation, coming of the a Kingdom, redemption and building of the church.
- Jesus Christ came to the world, for the word and Christ has the power to save
- The Spirit of God does new things and enables the church to be missional in different times and settings.
- FE is not church centered. FE is not first of all aimed at increasing the numbers, well-being or influence of the church as such, but to participate in the mission of God. “ the Church is the fruit of God’s mission, and that as such it exists to serve and to participate in the ongoing mission”
- Incarnation and enculturation are central in FE. Enter culture and go/be where and how the people are. Denial of the self is central for FE
- The kingdom of God and not the church is on the foreground. FE are signs of the Kingdom of God and must lead to the rule and presence of God in this world. Transformation of communities and society is the logic outcome and purpose of being church in the world.Discernment and not planning stand on the foreground of FE.
- Discern what God is doing and plan in the light of that. The formation of FE is a reaction to the way people respond to the seed of the Gospel through a wide variety of ways. Listening to culture and listening to God (gospel and church included) is essential in the process of discernment.
3. How we plant to do this: Forming teams around facilitators
3.1 Strategic Impact Team:
The Goal: To establish a team that will focus on sharing the strategy and vision, do advocacy, lead vision days, formulate policies whilst networking within Denominations;
3.2 Communication and information Team:
The Goal: To establish a team that will ensure that that there is a variety of channels will be utilised, including media, website, publications, DVD’s, denominational magazines; You Tube and Facebook, Twitter and Share.
3.3 Training Team:
The Goal: To establish a team that will train, develop and contextualise the Fresh Expressions courses, including:
- The Mission Shaped Ministry Course,
- Train the Trainers for Mission Shaped Ministry courses;
- Mission Shaped Introduction course;
- Training the Trainers for the Mission Shaped Introduction courses;
- Partner with institutions that present Pioneer Ministry training;
- Associate Mission Mobilizers
3.4 Research Team:
The Goal: To establish a team that will take responsibility to do research on the following:
- Academic, demographic, theological, national movements and international movements;
- Train local teams to do research for their own areas;
- Writing books and articles;
- Materials for Share Online guide;
- Encouraging learning networks for pioneers;
- Partner with denominational departments who do research.
3.5 Funding Team:
The Goal: To establish a team to raise funds for the establishment of the Fresh Expressions movement in Southern Africa, by finding:
- Financial partners, foundations, businesses, companies, trusts, Government Socio-economic development programmes, business people and partner denominations;
- and develop theories and strategies on self-stainable and self-supporting ministry projects.
3.6 Coaching Team:
The Goal: To establish a team who is responsible for:
- Proposing a coaching model/s for the development of Fresh Expressions in Southern Africa:
- Investigate the possibility of an organisation to do our coach training;
- Train coaches and establish a screening and recruiting process;
- Provide a continuous coach training process.
The Goal: To establish a team who will focus on interceding for the establishment of Fresh Expressions in Southern Africa, by:
- Sharing information;
- Provide training;
- Mobilise intercessors;
- Discern what God is doing and/or challenges/resistance;
- Keep the Fresh Expressions team informed.
You must log in to post a comment.