From Tuesday 16 February tot Thursday 18 February representatives of all around South Africa attended the Third International Fresh Expressions Conference at His People (Goodwood). Delegates from Sydney, United Kingdom, United States of America and various part of Africa did also attend. The mix of attendees came from various denominations.
The Third International Fresh Expressions Conference in Cape Town, addressed the theme ” Future Church – discerning the future of the church together”. Apart from keynote talks delegates were invited to participate in indabas – interactive discussions of key issues introduced by a panel of speakers. ”
Speakers ranged from Revd. Phil Potter, Prof. Jerry Pillay, Bishop Graham Cray, Prof. Nelus Niemandt, Dr Michael Moynagh and others.
Some of the presentations used in the plenaries and the indaba’s are available here. Please just click on the link
- Fresh Expressions and the future church-Phil Potter
- Worship of the Triune God John vd Laar
- Disciple Making in the Future Church-Graham Cray
- COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION THROUGH THE FUTURE CHURCH-Jerry Pillay
- Incarnational living in the future church-Michael Moynagh
- Relationships in the future church-Nelus Niemandt
- Future church from maintenance to mission-Frederick Marais
- Old New Future-Graham Cray
- Intro to mission shaped ministry-Pete Atkins
- Training pioneers for future church-Annie Kirk
- Training pioneers for future church-south-africa Dave Male
- Missional leadership and the future church-Nelus Niemandt
- Poverty Injustice in the future church-Nadine Bouwers-du Toit
- Poverty Injustice in the future church-Braam Hanekom
- Poverty Injustice in the future church-Craig Stewart
- Family church-messy church-Jean Pienaar
- The holy spirit and the future church Fresh Expressions Conference 2016 Cape Town-Dirkie vd Spuy
- Alexander Venter 20160216 HS & Future Church-Alexander Venter
- Environment and the future church1-Ncumisa Magadla
- Environment and the future church2-Rachel Mash
Welcome to Fresh Expressions SA!
On behalf of Fresh Expressions Southern Africa, it gives me great pleasure to cordially invite you to attend the Third International Fresh Expressions Conference 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa from 16 to 18 February 2016. We are delighted to host the conference for its first appearance on the African continent and we look forward to welcoming all delegates with our unique, South African hospitality.
Cape Town offers warm, summer weather during February to make you feel right at home. The Mother City’s many historic and scenic delights will add to your conference experience and will make your trip worthwhile, enjoyable and deeply enriching.
The theme of the conference is “Future Church – discerning the future church together”. Speakers, who are leading the way globally in this fresh move of the Spirit, will provide input and guidance on the theme of the conference. With their input and guided by skilled facilitators, we will explore themes together such as :-
- Fresh Expressions and the future church-Revd. Canon Phil Potter
- Incarnational living in the future church-Dr. Michael Moynagh
- Community transformation through the future church-Prof. Jerry Pillay
- Disciple making in the future church-Bishop Graham Cray
- Relationships in the future church-Prof. Nelus Niemandt
- Worship of the Triune God in the future church-Bishop Zipho D Siwa/Dr. John van der Laar
Church leaders across the world are extremely excited about the way God is transforming churches and denominations to be more relevant in a changing world. Churches are multiplying, growing and being renewed in many places and in many different contexts. This conference will create opportunities to learn from one another and envision together God’s future Church. For this reason, a focus of the conference will be to discuss, network and discern together where God is leading His Church. Well-known inspirational speakers, who are leading the way globally in this fresh move of the Spirit, will address us.
The Revd. Philip Botha
Team Leader FESA and Fresh Expressions Conference Chair